Friday, January 3, 2014

A Shabby ' Thank You ' card!

Hi Friends,
Wishing you all a very Happy New Year! I  hope this year see's me doing much more blogging than the previous one :) So, on to my card today, I am sharing a very shabby-chic card but in unusual colors of cream,white and kraft. The inspiration for the card and the colors have been taken from 'The Shabby tea room' challenge blog! So, here's a look at my card first :-                                                            
And a side view as well :-                                                
As you all know, I love using dies, but sometimes, what I tend to do is crop away certain die-cuts from their original shapes to create something new, like in this card, I have used Cheery Lynn 3 in 1 Lace Corner Deco (F) dies to create a sort of frame for my flower arrangement. Below, I have shown a picture on how I did it  :                                                         

Supplies used :
Base cardstock -Campap.
Black cardstock : Coredinations World Tour Value Pack Cardstock.
Cream Watercolor paper.
Pattern paper : Graphic 45  Kraft Reflections.
Embossing folders : Itsy Bitsy Folder leaves folder, Provocraft Swiss dots.
Dies : Cheery Lynn Olive branches, Cheery Lynn 3 in 1 Lace Corner Deco (F) die, Cheery Lynn 3 in 1 Exotic Butterfly (Small), Spellbinder's Rose Creations die, Spellbinder's Die-D-Lites Frame two (Oval).
Stamps : Hero Arts Find Joy stamp set.
Inks : Distress inks -Spun Sugar and Vintage Photo, Versafine Onyx Black ink pad.
UniBall SignoWhite gel  pen, Rose buds, Punched daisies and Pearls.                                                       

Challenges entered :
The Shabby Tea Room -Inspiration picture + colors. ( Honurable Mention )
Cheery Lynn Designs - Thank you.
Crafty Catz- Thank you. ( Made it to Top 3 )
Moving along with the times - Thank you ( Made it to Top 3 )
613 Avenue Create -Anything goes + Black and favourite color ( Mine is Black and Kraft)  ( Winner! )

Hope you like my card. Please do leave me your comments/ suggestions regarding my work! Would love to hear from you :)
Have a nice day everyone!

33 comments:

  1. Oh wow your creation is an awesome take on the photo inspiration. Its just out of this world gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a sure winner Hussena! A very beautiful card! Love the stamping on vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so lovely!!! Superb take on the inspiration pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure with such stunning a card at start you are going to have a rocking year ahead ! I never imagined Kraft could look this gorgeous ...I could not stop gazing and kept coming back many times to find new detail each time !! The rose is so real..You know my neighbors have same rose ..cream with slight hint of pink...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so gorgeous n shabby...its a winner entry n already won my heart...mujhe apna shisya bana lo guruji....:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning card. Happy New Year to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is absolutely stunning!! I love the design and all of the details!! It truly is gorgeous!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely awesome! Love how you have embellish your card and your flower is stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Hussena! Happy New Year to you as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hussena what a stunning rocking creation.Never thought such colors would appeal to me so much...you have such a clever creative flair

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty Hussena. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is such a stunning card, Hussena!! such difficult to balance colors done so beautifully !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply gorgeous card and I love the tip on cutting away part of a die. The effect is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely stunning! I cut up my dies cuts also,makes me feel like I get more for my money.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great work ! Thank you for sharing and joining TSTR challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh WOW this is stunning, what a great card, I love it, Thanks for playing with us on MAWTT this week, Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous and elegant design! I absolutely love your focal grouping. The die work is beautiful and the lines of this design are text book perfect! Thanks for dropping this off by our house here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely beautiful, gorgeous make. Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hussena, beautiful creation, love how you used the corner dies. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG...oh wowwie this card I'm in love with.. Such great inspiration love love love! The flower cluster is beautiful also your designs leaves me breathless! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs...and good luck.for you xxx Amy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this card, it's beautiful...what a clever way of using your dies and getting lots of use out of them. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week. Claire MAWTT DT.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Hussena! OMG stunning card!! I love it and the colors so pretty!
    Happy New year to you hoping this here will be a very blessed year for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really classy. Love the use of black here!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Hussena..... No one can beat u..... This is soo soo beautiful.... Soo dreamy, manly colours too. U surely rock.
    And thanks for insisting me to enter my piano card in lulupu challenge, it got a top 3

    ReplyDelete
  25. Outstanding creation, as usual, Hussena. So glad to see you come by my blog yesterday. I was away for a little while during Christmas, too. I love how you use those dies.
    Wishing you a Happy New Year...may it be the best ever.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stunning! just gorgeous. Thanks for joining in with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  27. fabulous card, thanks for sharing your card with us at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is such a beautiful card Hussena and worthy of winning the first prize too!.. Congratulations.
    You are an awesome inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. oh my i love the colors and the way it looks ! clever idea with the diecuts ! i like to do that too :)
    Big hugs i wish i could visit you much often maybe i will do that this year
    Hugs
    Pooja

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great card lovely design and thanks for sharing at crafty catz

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous, Hussena! I love to see how you layer all your elements. Glad to see how you trimmed that flourish. It opens up new possibilities for any die.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete