Saturday, September 13, 2014

Textured, shabby tag !!

Hello everyone!
I've got two posts in two days. Yayy for me. :P
Okay, jokes apart, i have a tag to share today. My tag is totally inspired by all the gorgeous layered and textured tags that I keep seeing on Pinterest.  If you are a Pinterest addict like me, I'm sure you must have come across such tags which are loaded with details, yet they have a unique style of their own. Here I would like to mention that most of the Polish bloggers I've come across, do awesome work and my tag is a definite case of them! 





To make my tag, I have used on the base a very thick watercolor paper and layered it with a woodgrain background pattern paper. I have stenciled on one side using the Prima Damask stencil and texture paste, then smooshed my Distress inks on to an acrylic block and using a wet paint brush have painted the background randomly. The floral cluster on the left has it's base on first a piece of burlap whose edges I frayed, then created a frame using Spellbinders Floral Ovals die, made my flowers using punches this time, even the rose buds that you see are handmade by me using a small flower punch

This one I'm dying to share .. The small whitte resin frame you see is made using Mod Molds and a glue stick on which I've painted white using acrylic paint. I'm so loving the look of it !!

That's it from my side! 

Supplies used :
Pattern paper : DCWV, Prima Zephyr paper pad.
Punches : Jef six petal flower punch ( Large and small sizes).
Dies : Spellbinders Floral Ovals die, Impression Obsession Butterfly die set, Simon Says Stamp 'Be' stamp and die set.
Inks : Distress inks -Peacock feathers, Spiced Marmalade, Picked raspberry,Spun sugar and Wild honey.
Mold Molds Ornamental frames mold., White pollens, small pink pearls, light cream mulberry flowers and seam binding ribbon.

Challenges entered :
BGC -Textured tags - Made it to Top 3 !
SSS - Stamptember challenge ( I have used the 'Be' stamp and die set )
Polkadoodles- Tag, you're it.
We Do Doobadoo -Something feminine - Made it to Top 3 

Hope you all like my tag. I'm not very sure about this one so would love to know your views on it. Do drop me a line and have a nice weekend everyone :)

30 comments:

  1. I had to come and check the whole layering. Brilliant. Oh and you make such awesome flowers. I wasn't able to decide if they were handmade or ready ones...love love that you made them. Fab tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its fabulous and a jaw dropping beauty... Loved all the layers n floral arrangement....everything is superb...that ornate frame is awesome..!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant Hussena, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very - very - very beautiful.... I keep seeing them on pintrest, n keep thinking I'll do it, but never get around to it.... But seeing urs is inspiration.... Keep it up girl.... N thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Tag..!! Pretty pastel colors and lovely layering .Your handmade embellishments are so perfect just like readymade ones.I am always happy to drop by your blog to see the beauties you create no matter if its twice in a day ..more the merrier:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous colours and textures..Wonderful tag Hussena ! You are so incredibly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome tag...as usual ur work is very inspiring and flowers r just beautiful and loved that frame...tooo good

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning!! The texture and design are fabulous!! Love the beautiful flowers!! Gorgeous tag!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Drop dead gorgeous. Those flowers r simply fab too Hussena. Can u pl do a tutorial on those blooms. Loving d soft colours and d resin frame. Can't stop looking at this beauty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous tag with so many beautiful details! I thought the flowers were store bought, thought the same about resin too. :) superb work done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a beauty! Loved the pastel shades. I share the same joy with you about the modge molds.you can experiment with diff looks and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You make such beauties...however did you load so much gorgeousness into one small creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous tag thanks for joining us at creative moments challenge xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous tag thanks for joining us at polkadoodles challenge xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This tag is absolutely stunning! I am drooling (in a good way) at the beautiful shabby color palette and love how you've combined those luscious soft pinks and teals. I adore the soft-wood background and how you embellished it up the side. Great dimension with the soft flowers and excellent attention to detail (pearl-embellished butterflies). I truly love everything about this tag and am so glad you shared your skills with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super gorgeous!!! Love everything about it, the choice of colors, textures, handmade flowers and the way you have embellish it...absolutely awesome!!!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at BGC :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous tag, beautiful job with the flowers, love all the dimension, we tried using the glue, but we bought the metallics and didn't like how they turned out as much, then we tried their clay, there were so many bubbles in it, we must need more practice, love how you used your little frame!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful tag! Love all the layers and dimension. Such a sweet little frame and the sentiment is perfect. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very gorgeous tag Hussena!! I always love your work.You play so nice with flowers and colours.
    Hugs
    Archana

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a gorgeous tag! Love the flowers! So very pretty! The background is stunning too! And the sentiment is just perfect. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous!! Love all the details and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You've done justice to those Polish crafters who make amazing art, just as you do too, Hussena! This tag reflects their style, but also your own. It is positively beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ohmygoodness!!!! This is stunning! I love the soft blue bow with the pink flowers and little of pops of orange?! Swoon! Your frame looks awesome and is a prefect addition to your incredible design :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooh...lots of yummy textures on your gorgeous tag!

    ReplyDelete
  25. this is just adorable! I love all the texture you've created x Thanks for joining in the 'Tag it' fun over at polkadoodles this fortnight http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/week-36-tag-youre-it-polkadoodles-craft.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. This tag is one of my favourite work of yours.I am amazed at your flower making skills.They all look store bought.Please please teach me.Love the colours and love the use of burlap.Awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow this is gorgeous, loving the detail and those flowers and frame, thanks so much for sharing with us at we do doobadoo, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is so shabby and nice !
    Loveeeee it !
    Thanks for playing along BGC's textured tag challenge

    ReplyDelete
  29. It's amazing, Hussena! I like absolutely everything here: textures, colours, flowers.
    Thank you for playing at BGC this time!

    ReplyDelete