Sunday, November 30, 2014

Gifting ideas !!

Hi friends,
I'm posting after a long time! Sorry about that but on the brighter side, I have a gift set to share today instead of a card. Yipee me :).. I had loads of fun creating this and my cousin quickly picked up this set for a upcoming wedding in the family so, I'm happy the way this turned out.

I'm sharing a kraft base gift bag with a matching tag! Here's a look at what I've created :
 The matching tag :

The set together:


To make this gift bag, I have used a kraft paper bag which was a local buy so I had a readymade base to work with but you can always create your own gift bags using Kraft paper.

The yellow pattern paper is from Pebbles Basic paper pad and I have layered die-cuts on it which I have coloured using Heidi Swapp Tropicana Teal Mist and Squeezed Lemonade Distress ink(I mean the bluish-green die-cut that you see on the bag). The flowers are handmade and were also colored using the same mist but I added loads of water and Distress Spray Stain- Picket Fence to lighten the colour. The leaves are also die-cut and colored using Crushed Olive and Shabby Shutters Distress ink. I've added few flower buds and foliage to complete my arrangement and also some tulle for added texture!
The border lace on the kraft bag is the Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch. I have colored my oval die-cuts on the bag and the tag using Heidi Swapp Gold Lame Mist to give the added shine!

The tag was made with the left-over paper from the bag and I've kept the arrangement same so that I could create a matching gift set.
You'll notice I have kept the sentiments very general on both my bag and tag so that this could be gifted for any ocassion be it for a birthday, wedding gift, marriage anniversary or any kind of celebration.

Supplies used :
Kraft bag- Local buy.
Pattern papers-  Paper Pad - 5.5'' x 8.5'' - Pebbles Basics.
Dies- Elizabeth Crafts Design 'Best Wishes' die, Cheery Lynn tea Rose Medium die, Spellbinders Floral Ovals die, Spellbinders Decorative Labels 8, Sizzix Sizzlits Die Set 3PK - Flowers, Branches & Leaves.
Stamps- Inspired by Stamping creative Tags stamp set.
Inks - Distress inks- Shabby Shutters, Crushed Olive and Squeezed lemonade, Versafine Onyx Black ink pad.
Heidi Swapp Tropicana Teal Mist, Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch, Viva Inka Gold, Tulle, Fillers and Pearls.

Challenges entered :
Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge -Gift packaging. (Made it to Top 3)
Crafty Sentiment designs- Use die cuts challenge
The Kraft journal-Use leftovers ( I have used leftover diecuts from other projects in my bag and tag).
( Winner! )
Have a nice day everyone!

14 comments:

  1. It's so nice to see these bright and sunny colours Hussena and how lovely they will be for presenting a wedding gift.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh I never would be able to gift this away if it were mine!! Such gorgeous flowers!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  3. really gorgeous
    thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this pretty cheerful and bright duo...Each complement other....so well :) Blooms are as always gorgeous....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a gorgeous gift set, Hussena!! I love the beautiful colors and design!! They look amazing!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful Hussena. Love your flowers and the polka dot paper is so pretty.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is a gorgeous gift set!! Love that yellow and white polka dot paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are simply wonderful. The gift bag idea is really getting me inspired to get out some supplies and do one up. Beautiful colors, great inspiration, and I love each and every one! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments challenge this week. Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous set! The sunny colours and those gorgeous blooms are bound to make the recipient happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous set..love the combination ..Blooms are beautiful as always Hussena.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These colors are so pretty and cheery! I love them with the kraft bag! This is a gorgeous gift ensemble! Thanks for sharing with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous and I absolutely love the roses you made! Thanks for joining us at RRR.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This so bright and Beautiful Hussena ! Your projects have wonderful color combinations always .I loved how all the fresh colors stand out on the kraft base.The gorgeous blooms n tulle bring a delicate feel to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Especially the tag..

    ReplyDelete