Sunday, February 1, 2015

Birthday Celebrations at Winnie and Walter!

Hello friends and crafters!
Sharing with you all a few cards I made for the Winnie & Walter Big Birthday Celebration challenges. I'm kinda doing this at the last moment, but I just had to play along with their awesome challenges for their first birthday. There is quite an array of challenges up and it was tough picking out the ones I wanted to play along with, but I stuck with six  of them. :D

My first card is based on the Sketch Challenge hosted by Joni. The sketch was a really easy one and I enjoyed making my card using the sketch. I've used the Winnie & Walter The Big, the Bold and Extras set for this. So, here's a look at my card :


Another view of the card :

Here's the picture of the sketch :

To make this card, I first die cut a circle on a separate card panel, then I layered it with a scalloped circle die cut and popped it on foam dots. I have done stenciling on the centre of the card to create the chevron like background using Squeezed Lemonade Distress ink. I then stamped my flowers using Versafine Onyx Black ink pad and colored it using my Distress inks- Peacock Feathers and Crushed Olive. The sentiment is also from the same set.

Supplies used :
Cardsotck base- Campap
Stamps- Winnie & Walter The Big, the Bold and Extras set.
Dies- Jags Circle die set, Jags Scalloped Circle die set.
Inks- Distress inks- Squeezed Lemonade, Peacock Feathers, Versafine Onyx Black ink pad.
Hero Arts Arrow Pattern stencil Sequins, Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine Mist.

Challenges entered :
Allsorts- Flower Power
Crafty Creations- Something old, Something new - ( The Hero Arts stencil is new, old is my scalloped circle die and Heidi Swapp gold mist. )
Tuesday Throwdown- Facets for crafting- I have used Sequins.

I'm sharing another card which is based on the Color challenge from Heather. She's asked us to use Mint/Aqua, Silver/Grey, Blue and White. I'm also submitting this card for Laura's Mood Board challenge. I was inspired by the color of the scarf and the candle holders.




The Mood Board picture :

This card also features the stamp set which I have used for my first card, The Big, the Bold and Extras. Ont the card panel, first I have created a dotted background using a Heidi Swapp stencil and Hero Arts Soft granite ink pad. Then, I have embossed the banner from the same stamp set using Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder. I then stamped my sentiment on the banner from The Big, the Bold and You set. The flowers are stamped using Hampton Art Aqua color ink and the outline of the flower has been stamped using Soft granite ink from Hero Arts. I have heat embossed the leaves using Liquid Platinum embossing powder and colored it using both, Soft Granite and Peacock Feathers Distress ink. The stitched edge of my card panel has been created using my new Paper Smooches Dots and Dashes border die set.

Supplies used :
Cardstock base- Campap
Stamps- Winnie & Walter The Big, the Bold and Extras set, Winnie and Walter The Big, the Bold and You set.
Die- Paper Smooches Dots and Dashes border die set.
Inks- Distress inks- Peacock Feathers, Hampton Art A-La-Mode Aqua inkHero Arts Soft Granite ink, Versamark Dazzle embossing ink pad.
Ranger Liquid Platinum Embbossing powder, Heidi Swapp Medium Dots stencil, Glitter Balls.

Challenge entered :
Crafts 4 Eternity- No pattern paper
PolkaDoodles- Flower power
Little Red Wagon- Winter blues ( Featured )
SSS- Anything goes

I hope you like my cards. I know it's a very long post, so please forgive me for it. I would love to hear your feedback on them. :)
Have a nice day everyone!

24 comments:

  1. Love ur take on both challenges and aqua tinted card being my fav here...Hussena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards..loved the soft dreamy look first one my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.You are on a roll.Love the beautiful muted colours on both the cards.The blue one is my favourite too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both amazing, too, Hussena!! I just love your designs!! They are so gorgeous!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are very pretty. I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Tuesday Throwdown DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like both of your cards! Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!
    hugs!
    Pam
    TT DT
    www.pammiesinkypinkies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely job on both of them! That blue one is especially sweet - soft and elegant. Thanks for sharing with us at The Little Red Wagon's Winter Blues challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved both cards...So pretty n amazing...!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both the cards are just amazing! Would love to case both! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of your cards are very pretty. The flowers are lovely and the simple designs are very classic looking. Thanks for playing along with our Winter Blues challenge at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. BEAUTIFUL work! Love how each card is so fabulously executed and composed! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards, both lovely and stylish.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are gorgeous ! My favorite is the second one though, I love the embossed outlining. Thanks for joining in on the fun over at PolkaDoodles

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards! The second one is absolutely awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful floral cards, love the muted blue. Thanks for joining us for our Flower Power Polkadoodles Challenge

    Karon DT, Polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous cards :) thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
      Happy crafting
      Tracy x

      Delete
  17. Very elegant! Thank you for joining in the fun with us at Polkadoodles Challenge Blog for our current theme of 'Flower power'. Good luck! Yvonne (DT)

    www.polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous cards!! Love the color combo and love the stamps you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are both so lovely. So soft and gentle. And my favorite part is the polka dots. They always bring a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow, two beautiful cards. I like the colours on both of them and lovely layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  21. such beautiful cards
    Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles xx

    ReplyDelete