Wednesday, August 17, 2016

It's Your Day!

Hi, everyone!
I have a card to share today that I made using lot of my new crafty goodies. Here's a look at it :




To create this card, I first took an A2 card base and die-cut a frame which was slightly smaller than my base. You must be bored seeing this frame die on all my recent cards, but it's my absolute fave currently and I love using it for my card panels :D
Then, I die-cut a circle using the Stitched Circles die by Gina Marie. I further die-cut this circle to create a ring which I then colored using Tumbled Glass Distress ink. I then inlaid the die-cut circle back into the negative space and added a die cut hexagon border in the back which was also colored using Distress ink Fossilized Amber. This die was a recent buy and is by MFT. Sadly, it just got retired :(

I them stamped some flowers using the Daisy Blooms set by Mudra. These flowers have only two step stamping and so do the leaves, so I first stamped the base colors using Altenew inks and for the second layer I heat embossed it using Ranger Super Fine Gold Embossing powder.
The flowers and leaves were then fussy cut and foam mounted on the card base. I stamped and die-cut the banner before placing it on the centre of the die cut circle. I love the Mango Smoothie ink by Altenew, it's such a nice, and bright happy yellow colour. The sentiment is from the Brushed Sentiments set, again by Mudra.
I finished the card with some black spatters using Black Acrylic paint and a few sequins from my favorite, Pretty Pink Posh.


I'm linking this to the Ranganjali Challenge- My favorite technique is layered stamping & die-cutting, and I have incorporated both in my card, HLS - Anything Goes with Dies challenge, Wow Challenge- Flowers, Stempelgarten - Flowers and plants and SSS - Around the Border ( Used a frame die )

I hope you liked my card. I would love to hear your comments/suggestions regarding it :)


Have a nice day everyone!

15 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card, Hussena! I did feel that you have used the die so much, but if the results are cards so fantastic, I have absolutely no complaints!! ;)
    I somehow feel like this one has a distressed look, although it is actually not so.. but I do love how it looks! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Hussena... a happy floral card... love the honey comb design... and love the flower pot behind the card. I bought a colourful set myself and i use it as a stationary holder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card hussena, its not at all boring, love your layered stamping technique

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can never get bored of any of your cards or the elements you use. They are all made so beautifully and this one is just as gorgeous. Love the two layered stamping.
    This week at Sizzix UK, I shared a card and altered a pillow box to make a co-ordinating gift set. Please visit the link in my blog for the details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous!! I love the beautiful flowers!! The design is fabulous with the honeycomb!! Love this, Hussena!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Love that die cut and love the stamped flowers they are so pretty! Tks for the sweet words about dd bed covers we only have the bedding the room was an advertisement so that not her room. Since we dont have a headboard now I will wait and share a picture of her room when we get the headboard sometime in Jab or Feb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning. Pretty flowers and love the honey comb die

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful design, pretty background for your die window and love the gold embossing on the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the window and the honey comb lattice....beautiful color combination...your eye for colors is amazing
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Hussena
    What a great card with lots of beautiful details! Thank you for joining us at Stempelgarten-Challenge. I looove it!
    Hugs Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty! I love the die too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very Pretty! Love the window with the yellow hexagonal frame detail. Gorgeous flowers. On the whole a beautiful card. I LOVE it all. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hussena, this is a gorgeous card with fabulous work of layering! Love those blooms!!
    Thank You for playing along with Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes With Dies August Challenge.

    - Helen Gullett -
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful combination of colours and layered elements! Love your card! Thanks for joining in Ranganjali's August Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this - it is so beautiful and I love the colours. Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with A Die.

    Emma - Design Team

    ReplyDelete