Sunday, January 22, 2017

You are amazing | Card

Hello all!
Today I have a card which I've made for this time's Altenew Inspiration Challenge hosted by Yoonsun Hur. I'll be honest with you, the colours for this month's challenge are totally out of my comfort zone. I have never played around with browns much so this one was quite challenging for me, but I took the plunge & here is what I've created :




To create this card, I took an A2 card panel & did some ink blending using Altenew Dark Chocolate ink and I wanted to create a slightly ombre effect. I also spritzed water over it and then used a tissue paper to absorb the colour from the areas where the water was to create a bleached effect on paper. Next, I die-cut some scalloped frames and then embossed it using my WRMK Next Level Embossing Folder- Geometric & Darice Woodgrain folder. The frames were then coloured using Vintage Photo Distress ink.  The florals are from my newest favourite set - Vintage Roses and I have used Altenew inks in shades of yellows & browns to stamp my flowers & leaves. For the sentiment, I have used the Altenew Sentiments & Quotes set which was heat embossed in white on plain white cardstock & then coloured using the Altenew Caramel Toffee ink. Finished off my card by adding some Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.


I am also playing along Darnell's NBUS Challenge. I have not gone with the technique she asked us to try, but I do have lot of NBUS products on this card - The clear sequins from PPP, the MFT frames. Also these colours are something I have never tried before.



That's it from my side today! I will see you soon with another card in few days. I hope you liked my today's card, I would love to know what you think about it. Thanks for dropping by :)

9 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous!! The flowers are so beautiful and the background is fabulous!! Love the design, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow, this card is just beautiful. You have used the Altenew inspiration well. Hugs Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't usually use shades of brown either, Hussena, so I know what you mean, but I have to say you made a beautiful card with these hues! Your card is warm and sunny with the yellow and it's an awesome design!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #8! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the bg u have created Huseena... u rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful Hussesna!These are really difficult to play with colors and your take on it is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed that the color combination is unique! But a wonderful card and loved the shading! :)
    Hugs
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe its out of your comfort zone - the card looks absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you went out of your comfort zone because you have created a Beautiful card, I love what you have done with this set! Beautiful background for it also!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my.. You totally pulled off the color scheme! Such a beautiful card!
    Thank you for playing along with Altenew!

    ReplyDelete